Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Umeda, Naruto, Imax, Oh my!

>Sooo…it’s been exactly 2 weeks since I’ve last written anything (which is a big surprise, considering the fact I’m always writing). I guess I haven’t really felt like writing anything? Not because everything’s been boring, but it’s just been so hot and heat/humidity make me sleepy. I asked my friend Shota, “Oh my god when is this heat going to END??? And please tell me what I want to hear!” and he said probably not until I leave (-_-) Anyways, a lot has happened. So that I won’t go on a ramble I’ll make a list and then talk about things of interest:

Umeda Sky Building (SO COOL!!! Especially at night)

Suntory Museum: Largest Imax in the world (hmm…the IMAX screen was cool but the movie was boring)

Tempozan Ferris wheel (Kind of scary because it was up so high xD)

Overnight stay at Obaachan’s (host grandmother) house in the country

Onsen (public Japanese bath)

Climbed a mountain

Visited Okaasan (my host mom’s) ancestor’s grave and cleaned it up

Universal studios Japan with my “yankii” (gangster/rebel) host sister and her friends J

Movies with Vicky and her friend Masaki from school

Karaoke with Vicky (and my stalker, I will explain that later)

Tennoji zoo date with Vicky an stalker

Tried to be picked up by guys that were old enough to be my grandfather

Australian kid’s welcome party at Shota’s friend’s house

Most of these things are self explanatory by pictures, but some stuff deserves a bit extra info. We went to Obaachan’s house for an overnight visit. Being in the car for 4 hours with my 9 year old host brother was…well…not fun xD But the scenery was beautiful. I was really excited because I had wanted to go and see a more country part of Japan since all I’ve really seen are big cities and suburbs. We ate udon first (supposedly the best in Osaka, I think it was really oishii [delicious]). When we got to Obaachan’s house we watched “The Day after Tomorrow” and then all of a sudden my host dad said “Ok, Onsen! Let’s go!” Now for those of you who don’t know, an Onsen is a public Japanese hot spring/bath. It’s supposedly very relaxing/healthy. It’s like a giant hot public hot tub and they are very popular in Japan. Only thing is…no bathing suits/no towels/no nothing. You have to be completely naked. Yeah. I kind of had a freak attack but in the end I decided to go (or maybe I was forced, my memory is a little hazy). It was probably the most intense experience of my life, especially since America has nothing like this. In the end, it was quite the experience, but I think just going one time is enough for me J When we got back to Obaachan’s house I had a really bad asthma attack (I didn’t know that obaachan had a cat (-_-;)) so I had to go to this clinic near her house the next day. Her really nice old lady friend drove me. But I didn’t know whether to call her Obaachan (grandma) or Obaasan (aunt) because she seemed so full of energy xD After a painful IV and a bunch of confusion/me slowly dying, the doctor brought out an inhaler and I took it and was all better J But laying on that hospital bed with no air and all those nurses and doctors saying things I couldn’t understand, I honestly thought I was going to die O.o Because I kept saying “Inhalor!!” and “Aerosol!” but all of them were looking at me like I had five heads. However, because I learned Katakana (Japanese alphabet used to write foreign words), I was able to write it out and they understood. Thank god I had learned Katakana!!!!

Pretty much right after I got out of the hospital/clinic, we went to my Okaasan’s ancestors grave. It was a very interesting experience. In america, we bury the dead and kind of leave it at that (and maybe when you’re sad or it’s the anniversary you go and visit the grave, but usually not), but in Japan there’s a law against burying people. I guess because theres not much space? Also, every year on the anniversary of the death you go and clean/wash up the grave and light incest and pray. It was all really sad/deep until my Otosan (host father) said, “Jojo you should pray to find kakkoih otokonoko (handsome guy) in Nihon (Japan)!!!” hahaha I love my host dad xD

I slept in the car because I was still feeling a little sick, and then when I opened my eyes we were at…a mountain. “Hey jojo I know you just had an asthma attack but let’s CLIMB A MOUNTAIN”. At the time I was like “Oh my god” but now its kind of funny xD Everytime we turned a corner there was more steep stone stairs to climb up. I had forgotten my camera in the car, but I’ll get the pictures from Vicky because she was there too.

My stalker. Yep, I got one here in Japan. He’s this salary man type and he stalked me off the bus. He seemed kind of desperate but nice/harmless enough. And me and Vicky were bored so we decided to meet him at McDonalds. It was SUPER awkward, so we went to Karaoke which was fun. The next day we went with him to the Zoo too. Vicky thinks hes creepy/shady, but I think he’s nice and really funny. Anyways, he said he’ll call again this weekend to do something so we’ll have to see what happens then. By the way, the zoo was SO COOL!!! It had a bunch of animals I had never seen in my whole life!! Like a bunch of cool monkeys…and one monkey that looked like a character off of star wars, you’ll know when you see it xD

Ok now random/off the list stuff. I got my uniform! You don’t really have to wear a uniform at my school but I kind of wanted to (I’m strange) so I’m super ureshii (happy) :D Oh and my Japanese is slowly getting better. It’s just the grammar that’s really hard (T-T) but I will try to study hard! (^0^)b


No comments:

Post a Comment